Hiring Greatness: Do a Recruitment Reality Check
Most decisions a business makes are small. A single sale, choice or interaction doesn’t add that much value for a small business owner, or damage it much if it goes wrong. Hiring an executive is different. They can make or break an organization. Hire a star and you win because they will unleash a tsunami of innovation, empower employees and generate wealth for the owner. Hire the wrong person on the other hand and you risk much more than short-term turmoil; a bad hire may, in fact, mortally would a small business.
For every small business owner, a lot rides on hiring the right executives and the risks are now higher than ever. Here is one from Hiring Greatness: How to Recruit Your Dream Team and Crush the Competition which will you hire top executives:
Do a Recruitment Reality Check
Your challenge is to give top executives a compelling reason to join your company, and a compelling reason to stay. In this highly competitive climate, consider the following “Recruitment Reality Check” before launching your next recruiting assignment:
- Does your company have a captivating “story” that will appeal to the best and the brightest executives?
- Does your “seasoned” executive team inspire confidence?
- Is your hiring process streamlined so that you can move quickly when qualified and interested candidates are found?
- Are you willing to make trade-offs in the requirements of the position if the recruiting process reveals that you can’t find or attract what you had hoped for?
- Ask yourself, “If I were in their place, would I accept this job?